The 2013 Susan G. Komen Iowa Affiliate Race for the Cure – Des Moines® is all about TEAMS! Our Race teams can change history—the history of breast cancer—by helping the Komen Iowa Affiliate Race for the Cure reach record-breaking levels of Race participation and fundraising. A Race for the Cure team is a group of 10 or more participants who join together for the Race season to have fun and raise funds to empower the breast cancer movement.
Team awards help drive the friendly competition that makes each year better than the last! Awards for largest teams will be based on registered participants by Tuesday, October 22.
**Awards for highest fundraising teams are calculated from donations received by Saturday, October 31st, 2015.**
- Teams are encouraged to continue fundraising after the Race has concluded on October 3. All team fundraising award winners for the 2015 Race for the Cure will be given their award after this time period has concluded, and they will be recognized on stage during the 2016 Race for the Cure! So even once the Race is over, there is still time to fundraise and make an impact!
Below are the winners of our Team Awards for the 2014 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure – Des Moines! Be sure to form your team now and become a part of this list for 2016!
The winners of the largest team in each of the following team categories are:
- Largest Survivor Team – Pam’s Posse (Team Captain: Pam Dixon; 143 registrants, $2,881 raised by October 23, 2012)
- Largest Company Team (500+ Employees) – Mercy (Team Captain: Jennifer Peterson; 502 registrants, $1,510 raised by October 23, 2012)
- Largest Company Team (Less than 500 Employees) – Tone’s (Team Captain: Dianne Medici; 149 registrants)
- Largest School Team – Colfax Mingo Cancer Crusaders (Team Captain: Larry Pace; 51 registrants)
- Largest Friends and Family Team – TEAM WA (Team Captain: Tricia White; 103 registrants, $760 raised by October 23, 2012)
The winners of the largest FUNDRAISING teams in each of the following categories are:
- 10-25 team members – Dirty Skirts (Team Captain: Sarah Moore; 10 registrants, $4,617 raised by October 23, 2012)
- 26-50 team members – StandTogether (Team Captain: Renee Wright; 26 registrants, $5,738 raised by October 23, 2012)
- 51-100 team members – Myers and More, All I Want for Christmas is a Cure (Team Captain: Nancie Dorrell; 51 registrants; $9,451 raised by October 23, 2012)
- 101-300 team members – Pam’s Posse (Team Captain: Pam Dixon; 143 registrants, $2,881 raised by October 23, 2012)
- 300+ team members – Wells Fargo’s ONE WELLS FARGO TEAM for the CURE (Team Captain: Rhonda Davis-Baldwin; 302 registrants, $3,620 raised by October 23, 2012)
Additional team awards given out on Race Day:
If you are the Team Captain and did not receive your award on Race Day, please email email@example.com to make arrangements for pick-up.