Komen Greater Iowa is offering grants up to $5,000 for projects within our 106 county service area in the areas that address the goals of Susan G. Komen: breast health education, improving access to the continuum of care, and improving the quality of life for breast cancer patients and survivors. This program complements our Community Grants program that solicits applications each fall. Want to know who has been funded?
Small Grant applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year. Applications must be submitted through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS)*. Hard copies will not be accepted. Grants received through GeMS will be reviewed at the following month’s board meeting. Applicants will be notified of the affiliate’s funding decision generally between 30-45 days of submitted application on GeMS. Applicants should consider this timeline when submitting a proposal and/or planning a program.
*Note: All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org. The Grants e-Management System (GeMS) is a web-based grant management system for Affiliates of Susan G. Komen to use to receive, review and manage community and small grant applications.
Should I apply for a Small Grant or a Community Grant?
- The Small Grants program has a maximum award of $5,000
- Small Grants are accepted throughout the year; Community Grants have an annual deadline (generally early winter)
- Small Grants require only a final report; Community Grants require both an interim and final report
- Community Grants offer additional points for meeting the Affiliate’s funding priorities under the general heading of breast health and breast cancer; Small Grants do not offer this bonus
- Small Grants undergo review by staff and board members; Community Grants undergo a review by a panel of community members
- Community Grants have a project period of April 1 – March 31; Small Grants have a project period of one year from the date of award
- All grants – regardless of type (Small Grant or Community Grant):
- Must benefit individuals in our ninety-one county service area in the areas of breast health education and outreach; breast cancer diagnosis; prevention or treatment; and/or survivorship
- Must be submitted through the Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org
- Require approval by the Susan G. Komen Greater Iowa Board of Directors