- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
2017 Team Awards Page
The 2017 Susan G. Komen Iowa Affiliate Race for the Cure – Des Moines® is all about TEAMS! Our Race teams can change history—the history of breast cancer—by helping the Komen Iowa Affiliate Race for the Cure reach record-breaking levels of Race participation and fundraising. A Race for the Cure team is a group of 10 or more participants who join together for the Race season to have fun and raise funds to empower the breast cancer movement.
Team awards help drive the friendly competition that makes each year better than the last! Awards for largest teams will be based on registered participants by Tuesday, October 24.
**Awards for highest fundraising teams are calculated from donations received by Thursday, November 30, 2017.**
- Teams are encouraged to continue fundraising after the Race has concluded on October 28. All team award winners for the 2017 Race for the Cure will be given their award after this time period has concluded, and they will be recognized on stage during the 2018 Race for the Cure! So even once the Race is over, there is still time to fundraise and make an impact!
Below are the winners of our Team Awards for the 2016 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure – Des Moines! Be sure to form your team now and become a part of this list for 2017!
The winners of the largest team in each of the following team categories are:
- Largest Survivor Team – Coffee (Team Captain: Laura Walljasper; 42 registrants)
- Largest Company Team (500+ Employees) – American Equity (Team Captain Tiffany Ferin; 126 registrants)
- Largest Company Team (Less than 500 Employees) – Pink Plumbers (Team Captain: Amanda Potter; 43 registrants)
- Largest School Team – DMACC Management Marketing and Fashion (Team Captain: Cindy Marshall; 49 registrants)
- Largest Friends and Family Team – Pink Tractor Foundation(Team Captain: Becki Brommel; 46 registrants)
The winners of the largest FUNDRAISING teams in each of the following categories are:
- 10-19 team members – Team Jennifer (Team Captain: Dave Stodden; 16 registrants, $2,694 raised)
- 20-29 team members – Cosmos (Team Captain: Kate Ahnen; 29 registrants, $4,043 raised)
- 30-39 team members – Pink Steppers (Team Captain: Anne Adams; 31 registrants; $1,590 raised)
- 40-49 team members – The Iowa Clinic (Team Captain: Sarah Hoch; 45 registrants, $914 raised)
- 50+ team members – Wells Fargo’s ONE WELLS FARGO TEAM for the CURE (Team Captain: Andrea James; 65 registrants, $4,855 raised)
Additional team awards given out on Race Day:
If you are the Team Captain and did not receive your award on Race Day, please email email@example.com to make arrangements for pick-up.
Team Tailgating Contest
Want to have an area all your own on Race Day?? Teams will be rewarded with special benefits only available to those having reached our Team Tailgating Fundraising goals!!
Team Tailgating Requirements-
- The top 5 teams who have raised at least $3,000 will be a part of our Team Tailgating area
- All eligible teams must have funds raised by Wednesday, October 25
- 20 individuals from each qualifying team will be able to participate (squeeze as many in as you can, but space in this area is limited!)
Team Tailgating Amenities-
- Tables, water, and a sign with team name will all be provided
- Breakfast will be provided for all members by Taco John’s of Iowa
- Recognition on Komen website and Facebook page as “Team Tailgaters”!
- Teams may come on Friday evening before the race and decorate their tent as they see fit
How to Participate-
- Fundraise at least $3,000 as a team by Wednesday, October 25
- Come Friday evening to Race Site to decorate your tent with anything you like
- Assemble on Race Morning as a team with a space all to your own!
Here is a complete list of Team Tailgating participants from 2016!
Team Name Team Captain
Hopping for the Cure Rachael Nelson
Heidi’s Breast Friends Jacki Heck
Sisters for the Cure Julie Andrews
One Wells One Wells Fargo Team for the Cure Andrea James
Myers and More for the Cure Judy Martins
Best Dressed Team
Show off your team spirit and compete in our Best Dressed Team Contest hosted by iHeart Radio!
To be eligible, teams must come and have their picture taken at the iHeart Radio photo booth on Race Day!!
- No Komen Logos
- No Political Messages
- No crude or offensive costumes/outfits
- Team captain must leave contact and team information to be uploaded with photo
- All team photos will be uploaded to the iHeart Radio Website
- Our winner will be chosen based on the number of votes received by Friday, November 10!
- The winning team captain will be notified immediately
The winning team will receive:
- A trophy designating them as the 2017 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure Best Dressed Team
- Recognition on our Facebook page and website as the winner
- Their team photo being used in all promotions for the 2017 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure Best Dressed Team Contest